1) Smart-Ass Knitters/World Domination Club sign-ups start at 1 minute after midnight Eastern (Toronto/New York time). (I feel like I should say “today”, when it’s really “tomorrow” and no matter which one I choose, someone will also be confused. And I will feel bad. So suffice it to say tonight it will be 11:59 and sign ups will not be open…then 2 minutes later they will.)
2) Yes, I fully realize that I could make this so much easier on all of us if I just started at 7 am or noon. But the idea was to use up ALL of Valentine’s Day with the cool thing. And face it: you love these rambley, quirky posts. They totally make you feel more normal, don’t they? Besides, we get infinite amusement out of waiting till 1 minute after midnight to see who stayed up late to sign up. We make popcorn and everything.
3) You. That one person about to point out in the comments that “ALL of Valentine’s Day” is not actually filled up with the cool thing (yes, I know who you are)…refrain. I mean it. There will be dire consequences.
4) I’ve made some progress on my stripey knee socks:
And they are a perfect fit! They hug my leg just right and curve perfectly down my calf. Glenna’s a genius.
5) Carla in our Ravelry group mentioned making fitted leg warmers using Glenna’s worksheet, which I think would be brilliant.
6) The hazards of naming yarn colourways after your friends: if Glenna gets paired with another colourway, Stephannie wants a yarny boyfriend too.
(I’m thinking Scott Pilgrim. Steph takes over the world…Scott saves the world… yet in true Steph fashion, she wants them all. Which would also kinda work…in that blinding, astigmatism test way)
Bridget and Bridget
(or technically What the Hay?! and Needles in the Brain…which we didn’t have a picture of but just picture Also I Can Kill You With My Brain with NO plum or green undertones. Or, you know, Bridget and River would also be awesome.)
So clearly Bridget is destined for a life with demons, time machines and mind-controlled killing machines. But, you know, PRETTY!
7) Meanwhile, the Rav group has been hard at work in this thread coming up with excellent colour combos.
There is concern that Xander won’t work with Anya or Cordelia. Well let’s take a look:
Because I’ve Never Been Up With People Before (Xander’s colourway) is so variable, I think a version that had more dark grey/black could work well with both Anya and Cordelia. I’d recommend trying combinations of stripes with different widths to make sure you like the balance. Both of these could be lots of fun.
Cordelia (Don’t You Have an Elsewhere to Be) and Between Love and Batteries is another combo bringing out the inner 12 year old in our Rav group.
Now these will make a nice subtle stripe which I actually like a lot. If you wanted something more dramatic with these two, adding a line of black or charcoal grey between stripes would do it!
My person favourite so far?
Really love that blue and brown combination. I’m thinking stripey sweater.