2010 was the year that:
1. We got really serious about this yarn thing, as evidenced in January when HUGE boxes of yarn arrived on our doorstep. That part hasn’t really stopped.
2. Some of you conned me into starting a yarn club. And I in turn conned Stephannie, Keri, Glenna and Sarah to jump on board. Later Susanne, Darby and Dyakcraft also joined in. And the Smart Ass Knitters/World Domination 1 skein club was born.
3. We got really good at packing and shipping yarn.
4. I started working with talented designers on pieces for our yarn. Speaking of which, you still have the rest of today to enter Natalie’s contest! Go! We’ll wait.
5. We did our first 2 fibre fairs: the Knitter’s Frolic in Toronto and the Knitter’s Fair in Kitchener-Waterloo.
6. This means we also got very good at packing our Honda Civic, and felt superior to all other cars on the road, who I’m sure do NOT have cashmere airbags.
8. We held the first 2 Fibre Flings at our studio. We’ll be doing another one next August…stay tuned!
9. And we moved to a house with a better shop space:
Come by if you’re ever in the neighbourhood.
10. We joined the Art Hive, and had the first gallery display of our yarn.
11. Glenna got used to being tied to a chair to work on wonderful designs for you like this:
So what’s in store for 2011? More of this:
Happy New Year to you and yours from all of us.