San Francisco is the American twin city of Cork, Ireland. (Though I kinda want to give Darby her Shanghai answer, as it turns out there’s a Shanghai IN…) And my dear DEAR friend Glenna C forgot to pack me in her suitcase before taking a trip out that way last week.
Which Hall(s) of Fame was my grandfather inducted into? (also: his name would be good!)
What was his nickname and what does it refer to?
What kind of business was he in and why do I find this ironic?
Tell me one other thing you’ve learned about him, that no one else has mentioned in the comments.
If you’ve arrived here for the first time and have no clue why we’re asking these crazy questions, you should know that we’re running an Anniversary Contest!
The Anniversary Contest runs until August 4, at which point we will have a very unique drawing for the prizes. There are four prizes available:
1. The last remaining first Smart-Ass Knitters/World Domination Club package
2. A cable mug by Susanne James and a skein of either silk lace or merino sock yarn (your choice of in stock colours)
So how do you enter?
Lots of ways.
1. Leave us a comment, and you get an entry (1 comment per day per person)
2. If you were the very, very first customer, you get an entry. (I know who you are, you don’t have to. )
3. Answer weird quiz questions. They will be random, both in their timing and their content. We will give entries to the first 1-5 correct answers (depending on how we feel that day…we’ll give you fair warning), either in the comments or by email. (If you leave them in the comments, quiz answers count as an entry in addition to your comment entry…are you confused yet? Good. We like you that way.)
4. Buy stuff. Heck, why not? For every $25 purchased, you get an entry.