Prize #3 in the anniversary contest:
A lovely prize package that includes a Darby Bayly project bag (chosen by Otis…), a skein of MCN Sport (in your choice of in stock colours) and a Storm Water Cowl pattern:
The Anniversary Contest runs until August 4. There are four prizes available:
1. The last remaining first Smart-Ass Knitters/World Domination Club package
2. A cable mug by Susanne James and a skein of either silk lace or merino sock yarn (your choice of in stock colours)
3. The above Darby Bayly project bag, a skein of MCN Sport (in your choice of in stock colours) and a Storm Water Cowl pattern
4. HA! Not yet. Soooooon….very very soon…. ;)
Answer to last week’s quiz question:
According to the documentary Rain, Fog and Drizzle, in 1700 there were 42 houses and 46 taverns.
Today’s quiz question (which has gone through several drafts including ones that would require you to rummage through my closet to answer):
What yarn store has the Boy nicknamed “The Possum Place”? (he says he will accept the first correct answer for this one)
Completely ridiculous bonus question, in the catagory of obscure nicknames that may not resemble the person’s actual identity (1 bonus entry for the first correct answer):
Who is Prospector Pete?
a) A Warner Bros. cartoon character
b) The dog that keeps following Otis home
c) 19th century soap powder magnate
d) Sex toy brand
e) An Australian billionaire
f) Dora the Explorer’s second cousin
g) Maple Lake dump employee
h) The chipmunk that keeps ripping up our front lawn
i) Dutch folk singer
j) Arch-nemesis of Captain Canuck
k) Last man to arrive at the San Fransisco gold rush
So how do you enter? Lots of ways.
1. Leave us a comment, and you get an entry (1 comment per day per person)
2. If you were the very, very first customer, you get an entry. (I know who you are, you don’t have to. )
3. Answer weird quiz questions. They will be random, both in their timing and their content. We will give entries to the first 1-5 correct answers (depending on how we feel that day…we’ll give you fair warning), either in the comments or by email. (If you leave them in the comments, quiz answers count as an entry in addition to your comment entry…are you confused yet? Good. We like you that way.)
4. Buy stuff. Heck, why not? For every $25 purchased, you get an entry.