The Anniversary Contest is chugging along. Five more days of questions to go, so lots of chances to enter (scroll down for full details).
My grandfather, Harry McBrien, was inducted into both the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame and the Canadian Football Hall of Fame for his work in football at all levels. He’s most known for his work with the Canadian Football League. Both my father and my uncle also worked with the CFL as officials for most of my childhood. Harry was nicknamed as Mr. Grey Cup. He spent a good chunk of his life elevating the event to a week-long festival that accompanies our national professional football championship every November. Usually outside. (Have you been to Saskatoon in November? BRRRR!!) And if you’re ever watching the Grey Cup on TV, they will always show footage from the famous Fog Bowl (the year a thick fog rolled over the field and they had to suspend play), you will see my grandpa cloaked in a trench coat and smoking a big cigar.
He owned a coffee company in Toronto. Why on earth would this be ironic? I don’t drink coffee.
The Boy is distantly related to — h) Michael J. Pollard
The Anniversary Contest Question O’ The Day
As a change of pace, we decided to save you from random obscurity and sherlock-google-ness. Today’s question is one you can ALL answer.
What would your dream knitting bag be like?
Why do I ask? Darby Bayly, maker of these fantabulous project bags, also runs a program in Haliburton called Sew Resourceful. She teaches women how to sew and how to market their handmade goods to supplement their income and improve their livelihood.
Darby wants to design a knitting bag (tote, not project bag) for the group to reproduce. And we want it to be REALLY great. So please help Darby out, and leave your wish list in the comments. Tell us about pockets. What you need it to store. How big or how small you’d like it to be. Don’t hold back!
Each idea will get an entry (up to 5 ideas/entries per person). Don’t be afraid to duplicate answers. That lets us know which features are important to the largest number of people.
If you’ve arrived here for the first time and have no clue why we’re asking these crazy questions, you should know that we’re running an Anniversary Contest!
The Anniversary Contest runs until August 4, at which point we will have a very unique drawing for the prizes. There are four prizes available:
1. The last remaining first Smart-Ass Knitters/World Domination Club package
2. A cable mug by Susanne James and a skein of either silk lace or merino sock yarn(your choice of in stock colours)
So how do you enter?
Lots of ways.
1. Leave us a comment, and you get an entry (1 comment per day per person)
2. If you were the very, very first customer, you get an entry. (I know who you are, you don’t have to. )
3. Answer weird quiz questions. They will be random, both in their timing and their content. We will give entries to the first 1-5 correct answers (depending on how we feel that day…we’ll give you fair warning), either in the comments or by email. (If you leave them in the comments, quiz answers count as an entry in addition to your comment entry…are you confused yet? Good. We like you that way.)
4. Buy stuff. Heck, why not? For every $25 purchased, you get an entry.